Sunday, August 25, 2013

Banana Muffins


While browsing the grocery store for my weekly purchase of bananas. I came across bananas that were super ripe and perfect for baking. I just couldn’t pass them up. Considering all the rest of the bananas were green. I refuse to eat bananas until they are really ripe. Otherwise they are gross to me. Anyways, seeing these literally made me crave banana bread. But Caleb requested muffins this time. I don’t really see the difference between banana bread & banana muffins…but I guess there is ;)
With being really busy lately, I haven’t had time to bake anything. Which I don’t like, so it was time for me to bake. I really missed baking. I think it’s been a month since I baked something. I’m not quite sure. But it’s been way to long. I used to every week! Even when I “could” bake, I have not had the energy to. It’s a viscous cycle. But I was determind to make muffins this past week. And that is what I did.

Banana Muffins
These muffins are the most moist muffins I have ever made. They are light and fluffy, and just perfect. If I could eat wheat/gluten, and had a choice, between these muffins, or some gluten filled muffin….I’d choose these over any muffin, any day. Serious.
These are THAT good.
They make you forget they are gluten free.
Crazy.
Banana Muffins
Banana Muffins 
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
  • 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour brown rice flour blend (I used King Arthur Flour)
  • 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) Coconut Oil, softened
  • 2/3 cup Evaporated Cane Juice, or raw sugar
  • 2 tablespoons molasses or honey
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 Medium very mashed ripe bananas
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line the pan with papers, and grease the papers.
2. Whisk together the baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, cinnamon, and flour or flour blend. Set aside.
3. Beat together the soft coconut oil, evaporated cane juice, and honey.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl between additions.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture in the bowl in three parts, alternately with the mashed bananas, beating well between additions and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl one or two times during this process.
6. After everything is added, scrape the bowl again and beat at medium high speed for 30 seconds
7. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, mounding the cups full. The batter will rise above the level of each cup; that’s fine.
8. Bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, until the middle springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Best served warm.
Yield: 12-14 muffins
Additional mix-ins: Walnuts, chocolate chips, peanut-butter, almond-butter.
Next time I make these, I’ll defiantly add in some extra ingredients.
Enjoy!!
:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More