Monday, August 12, 2013

All About Sugar



As I was sitting here trying to think of subject to post on, I was browsing the web for Thanksgiving recipes, all which I would be able to eat. And it hit me, sugar. I need to talk about how important it is eliminating sugar.


Do you like cake? Cookies? All desserts? Or just anything sweet in general? Well who doesn’t?! I can honestly say I have always had a sweet tooth. I love a good homemade chocolate chip cookie or a layered cake with yummy sweet icing. Sugar has always been a “treat” to me. It’s really a treat for anyone. That 3 o’ clock little pick me up. Or that little cup of heaven we like to call lattes. Whatever your go to treat or pick me up is. I can bet you it contains sugar. Our bodies have become addicted to sugar. A sugar addiction is a real thing. And people who come off a sugar can have withdrawals. I can say this because I am experiencing it. Moodiness, fatigue, headaches, and sore and tired muscles. All of that, I’m sitting here right now, having all those. Sounds enjoyable? Not at all. I was doing research today all about sugar and the effects it has on the body, and let me tell you it’s crazy. You probably don’t want to know because you’re in denial that something so small, can cause such big issues. But you shouldn’t ignore it. If I told you the average american consumes up to 1 lb. of sugar every 2 days, would you believe me? Probably not. 1 lb. of sugar to put it into perspective, is a bag you would normally buy at the store. Every 2 days, you are consuming a bag of sugar…that adds up very quickly.
So what exactly does sugar do to the body? Well to start off, it has NO positive effects on the body. At all. So why are we eating it? Because it makes things taste good. And we are addicted to it. There are forms of all natural sugars like honey, agave, and stevia. They are ok BUT in very small amounts. The sugar you need to avoid at all costs are:
  • table sugar (refined, processed sugars from cane, beet – sucrose – added to foods by the manufacturer, cook or consumer)
  • corn sugar (glucose)
  • corn syrup
  • high-fructose corn syrup commonly added to fruit juices
  • maltose
  • sorbitol
  • xylotol
  • sugars ending in “ol” or “ose”  
I just love those zero calorie artificial sweeteners. NOT. They are the worst for you. They contain very harmful chemicals:
Sucralose- Which is in Splenda.
Aspartame- Which is in Equal and Nutrasweet brands
Saccharin- Which is in Sweet’N Low
Some of the risks of consuming sugar are: High blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver disease, and inulin resistance.
Sugar is a big part in our everyday life. We like to make “life sweeter”. How is damaging our bodies sweet?
I found a list of 146 reasons why sugar is ruining your health. !46 may seem like a lot to read. But I really encourage you to read them. There is no reason you should ignore something when it comes to health.
1. Sugar can suppress the immune system.
Compare Using Your Amuse System to Boost Your Immune System.
2. Sugar upsets the mineral relationships in the body.
Compare Minerals.
3. Sugar can cause hyperactivity, anxiety, difficulty concentrating, and crankiness in children.
4. Sugar can produce a significant rise in triglycerides.
5. Sugar contributes to the reduction in defense against bacterial infection (infectious diseases).




http://www.empowernetwork.com/jaelredding/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More